SPG AMEX STAR SWEEPSTAKES – 25,000 Starwood Points
One of my favorite and top recommended bloggers, The Loyalty Traveler has a very fun Twitter Sweepstakes that just started Monday. It runs through Friday, May 11st. Sorry I didn’t post about it sooner. I’ve been swamped with the “facelift” as many of you know. I love what he gets to do, it would be my “dream” job if I worked outside of the home. Read more about what he gets to do here. So fun!! Some day I’ll be doing something like that when I’m not so busy with my #1 job, Momma! It’s a full-time gig, homeschooling, driving kiddos to activities, coaching basketball, managing a household, blogging, etc. You other young Moms out there know what I mean. It’s a fun fun job but just very full (as my friend just recently taught me to say – instead of busy) Our schedule is not busy it’s just FULL!! 😆
Anyway, it’s really simple to enter to win. Here is what you need to do:
1. Be a Starwood Preferred Guest member – (no elite status required) Join here first if you aren’t.
3. Tweet his promotion
@LoyaltyTraveler W New York Times Square #SPGAMEX
You can enter by tweeting once a day. So the maximum entries would be 12 if you tweeted every day of the promo.
Here are all the details from Loyalty Traveler’s post. I just tweeted myself! Play along, you never know! Hope one of my readers wins!!! Good luck!
My SPG Amex Star 25,000 Starpoints Twitter Sweepstakes
Monday, April 30 – Friday, May 11 Entry Period
I missed my portion of the SPG Amex Star treatment at the Tribeca Film Festival last week due to my previously booked engagement in Los Angeles. I have only been to New York once in my life back in the year 2000. I stayed in Manhattan at the Starwood Sheraton Russell Hotel. That property was torn down and replaced with a condominium building in the past decade.
Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express is sponsoring a prize for one Loyalty traveler reader to receive 25,000 Starpoints.
The Twitter sweepstakes is based around the concept of readers sharing the Starwood Hotel you would most like to visit in New York.
Rules to enter the 25,000 Starpoints Sweepstakes:
1. Follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter.com.
2. Post a tweet sharing which Starwood Hotel in New York you most want to visit. See the list of 19 New York Starwood Hotels at end of this post.
3. Use the hashtag #SPGAMEX in the tweet.
4. Use @LoyaltyTraveler in the tweet. Supposedly this makes it easier for me to see all the entries for when I pick a random winner.
5. Eligible entries accepted from 10:00 am Pacific time Monday, April 30 through 10:00 am Pacific time Friday, May 11, 2012.
The Loyalty Traveler SPG Amex Star 25,000 points sweepstakes entry period will run 12 days, the same length as the Tribeca Film Festival April 18-29, 2012.
6. Prize winner will be chosen at random. You can tweet one entry per calendar day of the contest for 12 entries total.
Sample Eligible Tweet:
@LoyaltyTraveler W New York Times Square #SPGAMEX
Here are some Twitter Guidelines I read over to help with this sweepstakes:
- Creating multiple accounts on Twitter to win a contest can result in all your Twitter accounts being suspended. I discourage you from doing this.
- Posting the same tweet over and over is discouraged by Twitter. Try and change up the order of words or hotel. One #SPGAMEX tweet per calendar day for my Loyalty Traveler sweepstakes is acceptable. Posting more than one tweet per calendar day for this contest is discouraged and may result in your elimination from the prize.
- Include @LoyaltyTraveler in your tweet so I can easily filter the tweets to pick a winner.
Cheat sheet for Starwood Hotels In New York (with NY city address).
There are 37 Starwood Hotels listed when you search New York, New York on spg.com. The 19 hotels listed below are within the New York city limits. Your tweet should include one of these 19 hotels.
1. W New York Times Square
2. The Chatwal, New York City
3. The Westin New York at Times Square
4. The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel
5. Four Points by Sheraton Midtown – Times Square
6. Element New York Times Square West
7. Sheraton New York Hotel
8. Le Parker Meridien New York
9. The St. Regis New York
10. W New York
11. The New York Helmsley Hotel
12. Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
13. W New York – Union Square
14. Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village
15. Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
16. W New York – Downtown
17. Aloft Harlem
18. Aloft New York Brooklyn
19. Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Blogger Disclosure: Just in case you missed it earlier in the post, this is a sponsored post for Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card by American Express who has donated the 25,000 points for a Loyalty Traveler SPG Amex Star Twitter Sweepstakes in conjunction with Starwood Hotels and the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival.
Also, please note that since this is my first sweepstakes as a SPG Amex Star, hopefully I have done everything correctly in writing about this sweepstakes. Please be understanding if I need to change any details about this giveaway after posting. This is a learning experience for me. Good luck to all the entrants.