NEW IHG POINTBREAK LIST RELEASED – VALID NOW THRU JULY 31, 2014
If you aren’t familiar with the IHG PointBreaks list, you definitely want to know about it. The IHG PointBreaks list is released quarterly by IHG Rewards Club. This is a list of properties that can be booked for only 5,000 points for a night. Normally IHG Rewards Club hotels can range from 10,000 to 50,000 points per night. So this is an incredible point savings if you find a property you like. Properties disappear as they are booked up so don’t delaying in making a reservation if you see something you are interested in. Remember the great thing with IHG Rewards Club points is you can book and just cancel if you find something better in the future. You are not locked in with change fees like airline miles. Even if you are not sure yet if you can make a trip work just book the nights and figure the rest out later. Whenever you cancel a IHG Rewards Club reservation your points are deposited back into your account immediately so you could re-book right away. There are no penalties as with airlines and miles redemptions.
Bookings are for stays through July 31, 2014
There are always some great jems on this list. Here are some of my favorite.
CROWNE PLAZA JOHANNESBURG – THE ROSEBANK
and many more!
Another great program to know about with IHG Rewards Club is Last Minute Rewards. Last Minute Reward Nights allows you to redeem 50% fewer points for travel during the first full weekend of each month at select InterContinental Hotels Group properties worldwide.
This offer is available on travel during the first full weekend of every month (the first full Friday, Saturday and Sunday of each month).
To get the Last Minute Reward deal you must redeem points for Last Minute Reward Nights on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday proceeding the first full weekend of every month. Then choose to stay that Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday nights.
For those who love to get up and go last minutes these award nights can be a real savings too. Just wanted to make you aware of this part of the Priority Club program. Points and cash redemption is also available. So you have many options of how to stretch your points with IHG Rewards.
- Stay at IHG Rewards Club properties and use stackable promotional codes to earn huge bonuses
(will post more about this soon). Read this past post here
- IHG Rewards Club Cash & Points trick (explained well with pics by Million Mile Secrets) to buy points for 0.7 cents per point.
- Transferring Ultimate Rewards points from the following Chase cards which all have great signup bonuses right now:
Chase Sapphire Preferred – 45,000 Bonus Points, Chase Ink Bold – 60,000 Bonus Points (till 6/1/2014) or Chase Ink Plus – 60,000 Bonus Points (till 6/1/14).
- IHG Rewards Club credit card: 80,000 bonus points. (Instant Platinum status and 1 free annual night)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 additional bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to participating frequent travel programs at full value that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95