HOW TO EARN 80,000 AMERICAN EXPRESS MEMBERSHIP REWARDS POINTS FROM 1 CREDIT CARD
Via a great blogger and favorite of mine, Dan’s Deals, I learned about a super angle to earn 80,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points with only 1 credit card application.
Here’s how what to do. See this detailed plan below
- STEP 1: Apply for the The Business Gold Rewards Card® from American Express OPEN – 50,000 BONUS POINTS
- STEP 2: Meet the $5,000 minimum spend on the card
- STEP 3: After you receive the 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points, use this link below to upgrade your card to Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN. This link offers you 25,000 Membership Rewards points after your purchase upon upgrading.
- STEP 4: Make 1 purchase with your new Business Platinum Card.
- STEP 5: Once the promised 25,000 Membership Rewards points have posted, call and downgrade your card to Business Green Rewards card which is part of the Membership Rewards program. This card has an annual fee of only $95 instead of the $450 annual fee that the Business Platinum Card carries. You also receive 5,000 Membership Rewards points from the Business Green Rewards cards as a welcome bonus.
FINISHED! You have now earned 80,000 Membership Rewards points from only 1 credit card application. (Actually 85,000 including your $5,000 minimum spend)
See the screen print provided by Dans Deals update on 7/21/13 from his account. He earned 75,000 Membership Rewards points as you can see initially on the Business Gold Rewards card because he signed up during one of the special “one” day promotions offered this year.
Update: 07/21: Golden indeed after earning a 105K bonus for one card…
Anyway, I had to share his story and great strategy with you all. I only wish I’d learned about it sooner, as I just canceled my Business Gold Rewards card because the annual fee was coming due and I just opened a personal Premier Gold Rewards card. Oh, bummer! These things happen! At least one of you can maximize this great opportunity and be sure to tell me about your success. But this strategy is in my head now and I will be looking for other cards and ways to do this same concept.
Enjoy your points and have a super awesome adventure!