Well, this week I had fun paying my mortgage and other bills with my American Express Bluebird account. After loading the card up with Vanilla Reload cards last week, I was all ready to go pay bills. So I thought I’d show you how easy and quick the process was.
WHAT TO DO:
- Login into your Bluebird account (www.bluebird.com)
- Once you are logged in to Bluebird, click on “Pay Bills” in the left blue box
- Now from this screen you “Enter your payee”. You can see the companies I paid; my Starwood Preferred card, my AMEX Business Gold Rewards card (which currently has a limited time 50,000 bonus point offer), my Bank of America mortgage and Southern California Gas. When you enter your payee a list will appear and you choose the appropriate option. If you don’t see the company you want; you can enter their name and address. American Express will mail them a check.
- Enter your nickname and account number. Then the amount you want to pay. Done!
- It will now give you a date by which your payment will be delivered. All the bills I paid were delivered in 1 business day. I was very impressed to see my mortgage paid faster through this bill pay system than the one I normally use with my credit union.
So there you have it! A very simple and easy to use bill pay system. I was very pleased and happy with this feature from the American Express Bluebird.
If you need to learn more about the Bluebird, check out my other recent articles here:
The real key to the earning is the Chase Ink Bold or Chase Ink Plus. The American Express Bluebird Prepaid card is just a tool with some great features. There are many other creatives ways to maximize purchases at office supply stores which earns you 5x points per dollar with the Chase Ink Bold or Chase Ink Plus. I will continue to features ways to maximize these cards and earn huge point balances with them as that’s what I’ll be doing. As I discover other methods to load the Bluebird I’ll keep you informed. There are so many creative ways to use the Chase Ink Bold and Chase Ink Plus, you just have to let your mind work. If you have any great ideas, please do share.
Here is a nice promotion that will start running tomorrow November 11 and run through November 17th at Staples.
Buy $100 in MasterCard or Visa gift cards and get back a $15 Staples gift card as an easy rebate.
Each $100 Visa or MasterCard comes with a $5.95 activation fee.
I’m not sure how many of these gift cards each person would be allowed to buy. I’m sure there is a limit per purchase. You could hit different Staples store though. In the past sales, limits have been 10 per person. This is a very lucrative deal for purchases with your Ink Bold or Ink Plus cards. This is just one example of many opportunities for extra points that you can capitalize on if you have these cards.
PROMOTION EARNING POTENTIAL
$100 x 10 cards
$100 + $5.95 fee = $105.95 x 10 = $1,059.50
$1,059.50 x 5 = 5,297 Ultimate Rewards Points
10 x $15 Staples Gift Card = $150 in Staples gift cards
* I believe since these are easy reward that are given to you immediately; unlike mail in rebates. I also believe that you can purchase Visa gift cards or other gift cards with Staples gift cards. So you aren’t stuck with Staples merchandise. So basically the Staples gift cards pay you back & some for your $5.95 card fees. Then you can take the Visa gift cards and liquidate them by pay your bills, buy groceries, gas, etc.
Well, the bottom line is there is so much fun and earning to be had with the Chase Ink Bold and Chase Ink Plus. I’m sure having fun! So if you don’t have a card yet, grab one and join in the earning. Remember minimum spends are very easy to meet with prepaid cards and visa gift cards, plus check out my “Ways to meet minimum spends” page here. Yes, it takes a little bit of work but the reward is 50,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points (or 100,000 if you get both cards) and the long term earning potential which is even greater.