LUFTHANSA MILES & MORE CARD – 50,000 BONUS MILES IS BACK AGAIN!
I have some great news today that some of you may have been waiting for! Barclay has just relaunched a great “Limited Time Offer” of 50,000 bonus miles for The Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard®
The bonus offers 20,000 miles with first purchase and an additional 30,000 award miles when you spend $5,000 on a purchase within the first 90 days.
The great benefit of this offer is Lufthansa is part of the Star Alliance network. This means you can use these miles to fly on partner airlines like United, Air New Zealand, Singapore Airlines, Air Canada, and many more. Check out all the partners here.
This is a great deal because the Barclaycard The Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard® usually comes with a bonus of 20,000 miles upon first purchase and up to 15,000 additional award miles when you complete an initial balance transfer.
KEY CARD BENEFITS:
50,000 miles will give you:
- Two (2) domestic economy class roundtrip tickets within the US, Alaska, and Canada
- One (1) economy roundtrip ticket from the US to Europe on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian
- One (1) one-way business class ticket from the US to Europe on Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian (other carriers would be more)
- Domestic Roundtrip flights are: 25,000 for Economy, 35,000 for Business and 50,000 in First Class
Lufthansa is part of the Star Alliance. This means you can redeem your miles to fly on any of 27 partner airlines, including United Airlines, Air Canada, Singapore Airlines, and Thai.
Starwood Preferred Guest Program Option
Lufthansa is a transfer partner of Starwood Preferred Guest, which means you can transfer points from your Starwood account to Lufthansa miles. Transfers of increments of 20,000 points, give you 25,000 miles. Starwood always gives you a 5,000-mile bonus – 25% more miles when transferring your points to partner airlines. If you don’t have a Starwood Preferred Guest Card, get more details here. (25,000 bonus point offer available)
“Cardmembers will receive an Economy Class Companion Ticket upon the first use of your new Account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer and on your Account opening anniversary every year you are a Cardmember.”
This companion ticket is good only for economy travel from the US to Europe/Middle East/Africa and Far East and must be booked in H class(not full-fare economy, but not the most discounted either) or higher on Lufthansa-operated flights only. You will end up paying more for the first ticket but the second one is free. Keep in mind though, like other companion tickets, you do still pay the taxes and fees on the companion ticket as with the revenue ticket.
The Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard® has some tremendous benefits and this is a solid bonus offer you should consider. The fact that this card is offered by Barclay is a great benefit to those who have several cards currently with other lenders like Chase, American, and Citibank. Barclay is setting up it’s credit card bonus offers to get your business. They’ve nab me quite a bit lately. I think I’m pretty maxed out with my four (4) Barclay cards: Barclay Arrival World Mastercard, US Airways Dividend Miles Mastercard, Wyndam Rewards, and The Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard®.
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn an additional 30,000 award miles when you spend $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Cardholders receive a companion ticket after first use of the account and annually after each account anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside the U.S.
- Redeem miles for flight awards and upgrades on Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Star Alliance member airlines and other partners
- $79 Annual Fee. Please see Terms and Conditions for complete details