Are you looking for how to make your hotel accommodations more affordable? Well, how about making your hotel stays free for your next holiday! Credit card sign-up bonuses are the fastest way to rack up points for free nights worldwide. Depending upon how many nights you need, you could earn enough hotel points for your free nights with just a few credit card offers.
Many people apply for multiple credit card offers in one day. If you complete all your applications in one day, your likely to be approved for all your desired cards versus applying spread out. Lenders look at spread out applications and wonder why you are seeking so much credit all of a sudden. They of course don’t know your earning strategy for your trip!
Below is a list of the top hotel brand credit cards currently available. If you are also looking to pay for airline and other travel expenses check out my recommend Best Credit Card Offers page. If you have any questions or need assistance in travel planning, please don’t hesitate to email me.
BEST HOTEL OFFERS
Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card
• Limited Time Offer – Earn 80,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Enjoy 1 Free Night Stay at a category 1-5 locations every year after your account anniversary date. You will earn 5 points at 3,800 Marriott locations, 2 points on airline tickets purchases directly with the airlines, at car rental agencies & restaurants and 1 point everywhere else. There is an $85 annual fee on this card, but there are no foreign transaction fees and you will enjoy wider acceptance when you travel with your embedded chip card and make purchases at chip-enabled card readers
Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card
Limited Time Offer – Earn 75,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points after making $2,000 within the first 3 months. In addition you will earn 6 points for each dollar spent at any participating hotel within the Hilton Portfolio, 3 points per dollar of eligible purchases at supermarkets, drug stores and gas stations, and 2 points for all other eligible purchases. With this card there is no annual fee and you will enjoy the benefits of HHonors Silver status as long as you are a cardmember.
Wyndham Rewards® Visa Signature® Card
• Limited Time Offer – Earn up to 30,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points with first purchase, plus an additional 15,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 within the first 90 days of account opening. That is equivalent to 3 free nights at any Wyndham location, which includes 7,500 hotels. In addition you will earn up to 5 points per dollar spent on qualified hotel stays and 2 points per dollar spent everywhere else. You will also earn 15,000 bonus points on your account anniversary every year. This card comes with a $69 annual fee.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
• Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening, plus you can enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide. You will earn 5 points for each $1 spent at IHG hotels and 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants. Bonus points are redeemable at hotels s
uch as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®. Receive automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember. This card comes with a $49 annual fee that is waived the first year.
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
• Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints after you use your new card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Earn free nights at over 1,100 hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries with no blackout dates. Additionally you will earn up to 5 StarPoints at participating SPG hotels (that’s 2 StarPoints for which you may be eligible as a Cardmember in addition to the 2 or 3 StarPoints for which you may be eligible as an SPG member) and 1 point per dollar spent on other eligible purchases. The $65 annual fee on this card is waived for the first year. Terms and Restrictions Apply.
Earn 85,000 Gold Points – 50,000 of which will be earned after your first purchase, plus 35,000 more points once you spend $2,500 within the first 90 days. You will earn 10 points per dollar spent spent in eligible net purchases at participating Carlson Rezidor hotels and 5 points per dollar spent everywhere else. Earn 40,000 renewal bonus points each year when you renew your card. Although there is a $75 annual fee, Club Carlson cards come with Gold status after you activate and use your card.
Hyatt Credit Card
• Earn 2 free nights at Hyatt properties worldwide as well as 3 points per dollar spent at Hyatt, 2 points per dollar spent on all dining, airfare and car rental purchases and 1 point per dollar spent everywhere else. There is a $75 annual fee with this card. Read this post for details on the new Hyatt Visa Perks.
Fairmont Visa Signature Card
• Earn 2 complimentary nights including breakfast after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months. You will also earn 5 points per dollar spent on Fairmont stays, 2 points per dollar spent on airfare, car rentals and transit and commuting and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. There is a $95 annual fee with this card waived for the first year and no foreign transaction fees. Every year you make $7,500 in net purchases, you will receive 1 stay credit towards the next Fairmont President’s Club status level up to 2 stay credits per calendar year.
American Express Hilton HHonors Surpass Card
• Earn 60,000 points, 40,000 with your first purchase and 20,000 more when you spend $3,000 within first 3 months. In addition you will earn 12 points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands, 6 points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations. This card comes with a $75 annual fee. Read this post to learn how to maximize Hilton HHonors points for room and suite upgrades. Terms and Restrictions Apply.
American Express Hilton HHonors Credit Card
• Earn 50,000 points when you spend $750 within 3 months. You will earn 7 points per dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands, 5 points per dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations, and 3 points for all other eligible purchases.What’s nice about this card is there is no annual fee. Although there was a recent devaluation in the Hilton HHonors program, American and Hilton confirmed that AXON awards will remain.