Chase has just relaunched a hot offers on their Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card & Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Card each with 50,000 bonus points. Note: Each of these card version have their own business card version as well with a 50,000 point bonus offers.
This was offered earlier this year and was a very popular offer. So if you missed out last time around, grab it this time. I don’t know how long this offer will run. If I get word on an end date, I will let you know.
This is an easy offer because the minimum spend is only $2,000 in the first 3 months. You can easily meet this with all my creative ideas listed here and of course prepaid reload cards and gift cards like I discussed in yesterday’s Chase post. The only difference between the Premier & the Plus is the annual point bonus and the annual fee. The Premier card is 6,000 annual bonus points and the Plus card is 3,000 annual bonus points. The Premier has a $99 annual free and the Plus’s fee is $69. If you are just going strictly for the bonus, I’d get the Plus card. You will receive 50,000 bonus points with each card. Or if you have a Premier already, grab the Plus for an extra 50k or apply for the business version of either of these cards. Lots of possibilities!
My recommendation for families
- Limited-Time Offer: Get 2 Roundtrip Flights after you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account – that’s over $800 in Wanna Get Away?® Fares
- Get 6,000 points every year after your Cardmember Anniversary – that’s enough for a $100 Wanna Get Away? Fare!
- 2 points per $1 Spent on Southwest Airlines and AirTran® Airways purchases made directly with the airlines and on Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental purchases
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Redeem points for Gift Cards, Car Rentals, Cruises, Hotel Stays, and International flights to over 800 Destinations on 50+ global carriers.
- Annual fee: $99
- 2 free checked bags w/credit card
- No change fees
- Point don’t expire unless you don’t have any activity for 24 months.
- Bonus points count towards 110,000 points needed for the Companion Pass. The Companion Pass allows you to take any person of your choice on any flight you fly for 1 year. Pretty sweet pass. So if you get both cards, and do the min. spend (2,500 x 2), you are only 5,000 points shy of the Companion Pass.
- No blackout dates
- Annual fees on both cards – bummer!!
- No a good international carriers. Limited service & expensive fees and points.
- Strictly good for domestic travel.