FREQUENT TRAVELER UNIVERSITY NOV. 30th – DEC 1st – STILL TICKETS AVAILABLE
Great news readers. If you didn’t register yet for the Frequent Traveler University conference in Los Angeles on November 30th there are still tickets available. The initial 250 sold out but they have opened up an additional 100 spots. I’m planning on attending and I’d love to meet you there in person. I know many of you have contacted me already and I’m pumped to connect with you in person. Please let me know if you are going so I can be sure to connect with you too!
Tommy Danielsen announced that though the event had sold out of the original 250 spots available, more space was added and so another 100 tickets have been made available. We sold out late last week, but were successful in getting a larger ballroom at the Sheraton LAX adding 100 more seats. We’re not planning on adding even more seats as we really liked the interaction we had with the audience at the last FTU and I feel that a maximum of 350 participants is the perfect size for us. So if you’re planning on attending, please purchase your seat soon. We’ve also added more rooms to the room block. The next Frequent Traveler University will be held November 30th through December 2nd at the Sheraton Gateway LAX. Here’s the Milepoint discussion thread for the event. The last two Frequent Traveler Universities (both in the New York area) sold out.
- Cost of the event is $99, register here. The event runs Friday evening with a kickoff holiday cocktail party, includes lunch Saturday and Sunday, and a Starbucks card for use in the lobby courtesy of Million Mile Secrets.
- The group rate for the hotel is $105 per night including internet, bookable here.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Gary Leff (gleff – that’s me) and Ben Schlappig (lucky9876coins of the One Mile at a Time blog) — you are certain to learn a ton about redeeming your points.
- Million Mile Secrets will offer a solid introduction to those new (or always looking to brush up!) on the hobby.
- Steve Belkin (beaubo) has experience earning tens of millions of miles and burning hundreds of millions. He’s hired New Zealand college students and disabled Thai rice farmers to fly for him. He’ll show you how to take the next big mileage deal and turn it to your LASTING advantage – without having a run in with the DEA while you’re at it!
- Brett Snyder of the Cranky Flyer blog, Founder of Cranky Concierge and one of Conde’ Nast‘s world’s top travel specialists. He’ll teach you all the tricks you need to know during your travels, when things go wrong along the way, how to extricate yourself from the trickiest weather delays and mechanical cancellations. Wow your friends. Impress gate agents. And get yourself to your destination with ease.
- Seth Miller, the Wandering Aramean, has a technology background and has built several tools that make it easier for you to manage your travel, to find award tickets, and to fly as inexpensively as possible. He shares these tools with you for free! And he knows about as much of the ins and outs of United Airlines, JetBlue, and obscure African airlines as most anyone.
Frequent Miler has just been confirmed as a speaker as well.