Chase just increased the signup bonuses to one of the most popular rewards credit card in the travel reward card industry – The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. This card came out a few out years ago and was an instant seller to mile and point collectors. The Chase Ultimate Rewards program is one of the best rewards programs offered to collectors. If you don’t have the Chase Sapphire Preferred this is an offer to consider. I’ve had mine since it came out and it’s a “keeper” card that I have in my wallet. Many cards are great for the signup bonus but not ones you keep around long because of the weak rewards program attached to the card. This card has many benefits that make it a “Go-To” card year after year!
Limited Time Offer: 55,000 bonus points ($625 value)
A substantial increase from the usual 40,000 with the same spending requirement of $4,000 within the first three months.
- Earn 50,000 bonus pointsafter you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening- that’s $625 towards airfare or hotels when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
NOTE: This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new card member bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- $95 Annual Fee waived first year – Like I mentioned before I keep this card and believe the annual has be well worth it every year for all the points I earn continually.
- Transfer to Partners (1:1 ratio) Chase offers you the flexibility to transfer your Ultimate Rewards points to airline & hotel partners. Partners include British Airways Executive Club, Korean Air SKYPASS, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®, United MileagePlus®, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Hyatt Gold Passport®, IHG® Rewards Club, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®.
- Redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards Program – Chase gives you even more value for your points when you redeem points through Chase Ultimate Rewards site for airfare, hotel, or car rental.
- Earn 1.25 cents per 1 point or a discount of 20%.
- Combine Points with Chase Freedom – You can combine points with any other Chase card that earns Ultimate Rewards points like the Chase Freedom®, Ink Plus Business Card, or Ink Cash Business Card.
Chase Freedom: The Chase Freedom earnings extra points in shopping, grocery, and gas categories. Chase Freedom offers 5% bonus categories each quarter up to $1,500 or 7,500 points. That’s 30,000 points each year. You can combine the points earned with Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire together in one account. There are no fees to transfer points between each account.
- Cash (1: 1 value) Redeem Ultimate Rewards points cash, gift cards, and merchandise.
- 50,000 bonus = $500 cash. You can have this sent to you in a check, direct deposited in any checking account or issued as a statement credit on your account.
- $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Chip-enabled: The Chase Sapphire Preferred is chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance when used at a chip card reader. Use traveling abroad without any fees.
- Additional Benefits: Travel and purchase protection benefits, including trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance, auto rental collision damage waiver, purchase protection among others.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card earns 2 points for every $1 dollar spent for travel and dining out and. additionally, earns 1 point for every $1 dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 2X points on dining at restaurants from fast food to fine dining
- Earn 2X points on all travel from airfare and hotels
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Note: Remember to use this card for your public transportation (tolls, subway, bus or rail accounts) and of course car rentals.
To learn more about the Ultimate Rewards Program check out the following articles: