AMERICAN EXPRESS SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY – $25 FREE CREDIT – NOVEMBER 24th
The holidays are quickly approaching and so are the fun promotions. Last year one of my favorite promotions was American Express’s Small Business Saturday.
What is Small Business Saturday? Well, most of you know what the day of Thanksgiving is, Black Friday. Well, Shop Small Saturday is a day dedicated to support small business and encourage people to shop at your local small businesses. If you register your American Express card prior to Small Business Saturday, November 24th and shop at a participating small business, you will receive a $25 statement credit. You must spend at least $25 or more.
Last year I registered all my American Express cards and earned $150 (6 cards – personal & business). I had fun shopping for Christmas gifts for our family and friends. It was like a little shopping spree! My credits posted within a few days too. It was amazing!
Enrollment for the American Express $25 Statement Credit opens November 18. Enrollment is limited so register right away. You can follow the promotion on their Facebook fan page as well. I will post a reminder when registration becomes live on November 19th. I will be registering my cards so I’ll be sure to remind you too! I will also be a participating small business as I accept American Express through Square Reader. I normally accept payment via Paypal but for this special promotion I’ll be accepting American Express payments via Square Reader on my mobile phone. So if you’ll like to use my booking services, you could receive a $25 credit statement credit from American Express for my fees. You can read more information on about my services here.
- Limit one (1) $25 statement credit per American Express Card. To be eligible, Cardmembers must enroll an eligible American Express Card in this offer at ShopSmall.com. Prepaid and Corporate Cards are not eligible.
- The number of enrollments is limited. Enrollment opens at 12:00AM MST (“Mountain Standard Time”) on November 18, 2012, and will continue until 11:59PM MST on November 24, 2012 unless the enrollment limit is reached sooner.
- To receive the $25 statement credit, the Cardmember must use his or her enrolled Card to spend $25 or more in a single, in-store transaction at a qualifying small business location on Saturday, November 24, 2012. To receive the credit, the transaction must equal $25 or more (for example, if your transaction is only for $15, you will not receive a credit). Multiple transactions of less than $25 will not qualify even if the combined total of those transactions is over $25. You may purchase multiple items that together equal $25 or more, but you must purchase them in a single transaction to receive the statement credit.
- Qualifying small business locations are those identified on the Shop Small® Map, available at ShopSmall.com. In addition, small business locations that accept American Express through Square also qualify and can be found on the Square Directory at https://squareup.com/directory/?cmpId=amex or from your mobile phone using the Square Wallet app. Small business locations that do not appear on the Shop Small® Map or that do not accept American Express through Square will not qualify for the $25 statement credit offer. Please note that business location information provided on the Shop Small® Map and Square Directory may contain inaccuracies or errors, including as a result of information provided by third parties. Transactions with political campaigns or political action committees are not eligible, regardless of whether they appear on the Shop Small® Map or in the Square Directory.
- If American Express does not receive information that identifies a transaction as having occurred in-store at a qualifying small business location, the transaction will not qualify for the statement credit. For example, the following transactions will not be eligible for the credit: transactions made using an electronic wallet or any other transaction made through a third party; and transactions not made directly with the merchant.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant.
- The Card Registration Terms and Conditions will also apply at enrollment.
NOTE: You can use any credit card that has the American Express logo even if it’s not issued by American Express. Examples: Citi AAdvantage American Express, Virgin Atlantic American Express, Penfed, Barclays, USAA, etc.
Also, you CAN NOT receive a $25 credit for additional cardholders unless they have a separate credit card number.
SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS
If you are a small business owner (even super small like me), register with the program and download free marketing materials to use to promote Small Business Saturday in your store or online. As a small business you will also receive free online advertising from American Express.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
For the purpose of this Program, qualifying small businesses include small, locally-owned storefront and online businesses with $10 million in annual revenue or less. Businesses in the following industries are excluded: government agencies, charities, non-profits, trade associations, shopping property management firms, political, religious and educational organizations. Small businesses that are part of a franchise brand with more than 100 stores are excluded. Additionally, if a franchise brand has more than 20 corporate-owned units, then the entire brand is excluded. Small businesses that promote any of the following are not eligible for the Program: pharmaceuticals, drugs, politics, pornography or sexual aids, diet aids, gambling, liquor, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any sensitive topic with respect to current events. See Terms of Participation.